"Time doesn't always mend a broken heart."

Monday, August 08, 2005

Sometimes I am just left speechless...

Okay, so I was going home from having a really awesome day and evening with Mike ... I was supposed to have met Rebecca and gone to Iquana Cantina, but I couldn't reach her and she never returned my text message :( Both our phones act strange sometimes, so I doubt it was intentional..

...Shortly after I got home, my friend Chris H&M called and asked if I would come out to Central Station and have a drink with him. Since I haven't seen a lot of him lately and I wasn't tired .. I said sure and went out to hang and talk.

I was feeling a little busted, so I threw on a baseball cap and my 'super gay' arm sweat band. I really wasn't out to impress anyone and figured that outfit would do the trick at being even more non-impressive...

What gets me is that throughout the night ... three random people end up telling me they've had crushes on me. One to the point where he remembered me being at his work months ago (he's a waiter) on a date and telling me how he sat across from us just to listen to me talk. He even remembered my conversation and my emphasis on long term, monogamous relationships...

However, he had never spoken to me -- even though he's seen me out for a long time -- until tonight....

I'm really shocked by it. I don't see myself as being someone that people have crushes on .. or being someone that people are nervous to approach.

I had brief conversations with the three, but had to keep it on the level and let them know that I am not looking for someone. I have someone that I'm intersted in.. so that's my one and only focus....

All the same, it is flattering and awkward. I guess I don't give myself credit, who knows -- I mean, I'm never going to have an ego -- it's not me ... but it does feel good.... strange, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment