"Time doesn't always mend a broken heart."

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Sometimes...

I think I know everything and am fully in control. Immune to pain, peoples games, and not afraid of anything that life can bring my way.

Then something happens and my reality seems to shift. My self-defenses simply stop and leave me vulnerable and aware of a truth I try to hide and ignore.

I am not immune or in control - and the walls I've built so strong are gone .. my compass no longer there.

Does it take forever for memories to fade? Or are there feelings just to strong for time to take away?

Who would know, when they look at me, all the things I hold inside? Behind the smiles, the kind words, and my believable disguise. It's certainly not to say that I'm not real, I'm probably more real than I appear... it's just deeper down, beneath it all, I sometimes find myself lost.

I'm sure it's not uncommon and it goes about as quick as it occurs .. it's simply a spark of realization...

No comments:

Post a Comment